After a slight delay, AVM starts selling the new FritzBox 4060. The first tri-band WLAN router with Wi-Fi 6 from the Berlin company is suitable for use on cable, DSL, and fiber optic connections and is now available for 259 euros (RRP ) available. Together with the FritzBox 6690 Cable, the FritzBox 4060 was announced in September as the more contemporary and significantly more powerful successor to the FritzBox 4040, and the market launch in Germany is now taking place.
With three radio units and a total of 12 antennas, the WLAN-ax router should be able to achieve data rates of up to 6 GBit / s. In addition, AVM states that it is the first model of the otherwise inexpensive 40 series that has the DECT standard and is therefore also used as a basis for VoIP telephony and for connecting various smart home products can.
Universally applicable with 2.5 Gigabit WAN, USB 3.0
Furthermore, in its press release on the market launch of the FritzBox 4060, the manufacturer talks about “impressive performance leaps” with regard to the hardware and connects this with the exceeding of the important gigabyte limit in the area of VPN and USB data throughput. The latter is put on the same level as dedicated NAS systems. As is well known, the FritzBox 4060 is delivered without an integrated modem, which is why additional hardware in the form of cable, DSL, and fiber optic modems is required.
It can be used universally compared to other FritzBox models. Technically, the WLAN router also offers a 2.5 gigabit WAN and three gigabit LAN connections as well as a USB 3.0 port for printer and memory. On the software side, the well-known FritzOS is used. AVM will start selling immediately, the recommended retail price is 259 euros. The highlights of the Fritz! Box 4060 at a glance:
- Tri-band router for Mesh WiFi with WiFi 6
- Ideal for connection to a cable, DSL or fiber optic modem
- Three radio units 4×4 Wi-Fi 6 (WLAN AX) with up to 2,400 Mbit / s + 2,400 Mbit / s at 5 GHz and up to 1,200 Mbit / s at 2.4 GHz
- DECT base for up to six telephones and smart home applications
- Versatile smart home applications based on DECT ULE, HAN FUN
- 1x 2.5 Gigabit WAN, 3x Gigabit LAN for PC and network devices
- 1x USB 3.0 port for printer and memory (NAS)
- FRITZ! OS: with parental controls, media server, NAS, wireless guest access, MyFRITZ! and much more
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.