The new Outlook for Windows is now available to all Office Insiders
Some time ago the new Outlook (“Project Monarch”) was leaked and it is supposed to offer a client for all use cases. Microsoft initially warned about it and then released it as an early preview. Now the new office is there for everyone, at least if you’re an insider.
Microsoft informs in an announcement that we have received a lot of feedback since the first versions of the new Outlook. This was previously only available to insiders in the beta channel, and according to Microsoft, “this feedback was taken into account, and updates were incorporated into the latest version.”
Outlook preview expanded
This means that members of the Office Insider community can now access the new Outlook for Windows on the Current Channel (Preview) and explore it as the community rolls out. In the coming weeks, this experience will also be available to Windows Insiders in the Windows Mail app, via a toggle to switch between old and new versions.
It is already possible to switch between the different versions in the previews by pressing “Try the New Outlook” in the upper right corner. In comparison to the early preview versions, however, various innovations have been implemented. Microsoft accounts (Outlook.com, Hotmail, and Windows Live), a “Quick Steps” feature, dynamic calendar column widths, simplified ribbon options, and tips for using Outlook are now supported or offered. Microsoft also gives a preview of features to be implemented soon:
- Support for multiple email accounts within the same application.
- Support for third-party email accounts in Outlook for Windows including Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud and more.
- Lots of visual updates and personalization options to create a customized email experience.
- Offline support so you can get things done and access content without an internet connection.
- Search folders for quick and easy access to all emails.
- Support for web add-ins to extend email and calendar events with third-party apps and services like Salesforce and Zoom.
- Native ICS file type support for easy viewing and management of calendar events so you never miss an important event.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.
2 thoughts on “The new Outlook for Windows is now available to all Office Insiders”
Comments are closed.