The OnePlus Nord is updated to Android 12 with OxygenOS 12
This update is coming to OnePlus Nord in India, it is 4 GB in size and includes the April 2022 security patch.
OnePlus is, together with Samsung and Google, one of the manufacturers that faster is updating its terminals to Android 12 both the most recent and those that have been around for some time. In this sense, after recently telling you that the Chinese firm had updated its 2020 flagships, the OnePlus 8, 8T, and 8 Pro to the new version of Android, now we just met thanks to the official OnePlus community forum which has launched the update to Android 12 with OxygenOS 12 on the original OnePlus Nord. The OnePlus Nord is already receiving Android 12 with OxygenOS 12.
OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12 arrives on the OnePlus Nord
The stable update to Android 12 with OxygenOS 12 is already coming to The OnePlus Nord from India, has a download size of 4 GB, and includes the April 2022 security patch which fixes the dangerous “Dirty Pipe” vulnerability, a bug that opens the door to all kinds of malware. The full list of changes included in this update is the next:
- The Smart Battery Engine option has been included, a feature that extends battery life based on intelligent algorithms and self-restoring biometric technology
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, using new material-inspired design and joining lights and layers
- dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Additional new styling options for cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- New access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search for multiple contents on your phone, including apps, settings, media…etc
- Work-life balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Automatic switching between Work and Life modes is enabled, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, and custom app notification profiles are activated according to personalization
- Gallery now supports switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best quality images and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas ODA
- Canvas AOD brings you new line styles and colors for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals.
- Added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and enhanced facial recognition to better identify features and skin color of different figures
- Added HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- A voice effect preview is added to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
Only 1 in 3 phones are updated to Android 11 or Android 12, according to UptodownEuropean users of the OnePlus Nord will have to wait a little longer to receive this update to Android 12 with OxygenOS 12since, according to the forums of the Community of the Chinese brand, the version of this OTA for the said region is still waiting for a series of additional validations.
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news writer, it feels good to be part of the team. Besides that, I am building a finance-based blog, working as a freelance content writer/blogger, and a video editor.