Unique features of phone numbers that are virtual
Landlines are hard to manage. Who wants to use a wired phone in the modern world? Traditional phones require technicians to lay down the wires before they can start operating. When any of the wires cuts, it means there will be no communication between departments or with customers. Thus the need for virtual numbers.
What are they?
A Virtual Number can also be referred to as a cloud phone system. Unlike landlines, with a cloud number, all you have to do is purchase a number from your preferred service provider, pay for it, and you’re sorted. Gone are the days when you had to hire a skilled technician to do the installation for you. They can be used across a variety of devices such as smartphones, tablets, IPADS and even laptops.
Differences between landlines and virtual numbers
|Conventional landlines||Cloud numbers|
|Invest in resources amounting to thousands of dollars||Require minimum set up fees. Purchase the number, pay the subscription and you’re ready to call.|
|Require signing of contracts||No contracts are involved|
|Require additional equipment- both hardware and software||Use your current devices to make phone calls|
|Regular maintenance by trained personnel||No maintenance required just occasional updates over the internet.|
|Tedious implementation process||Smooth implementation|
|Additional fees for upgrades||No additional fees required|
|A tedious process to switch services||Purchase numbers at your will|
Rise in popularity
Customers are opting to purchase virtual phone numbers instead of the traditional phone lines owing to the functionality they provide. Some of the things that have seen a rise in the uptake of virtual phone numbers are:
- Mobility – with a cloud-based number, you can move it wherever you go. You can maintain your personal number and still have a second number. You can opt to show the caller ID from your line or from your virtual number.
- Simple to set up and use – as discussed earlier, unlike conventional phone lines where the registration is tedious, setting up a virtual number takes a couple of minutes. Users don’t need a skilled technician. Register for an account, pay the required amount and begin using your line.
- Security and reliability guaranteed – with encryption, you can be sure every call you make will be safe from hackers.
- Value for money – with a monthly or yearly subscription, customers get to make huge savings on their phone bills.
- Call management – they allow users to identify the caller, forward the call, and even block annoying numbers.
- Multiline management – they make it easy to separate business and work because they allow users to maintain their original number and get a second one.
- Auto attendant – they inspire confidence in the caller when they are greeted when making a call.
Virtual business numbers allow an individual’s separate business from personal engagements. Some of
the standard features are call forwarding, voicemail, and auto attendant that help users look professional. If you’re not sure where to begin, check out talk route. They have a range of cloud-based numbers to suit businesses and individuals.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.