With the announcement of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, by Qualcomm, the competition is growing among Android smartphone companies to introduce their next-gen phone. Just after a week after Qualcomm officially launched the Snapdragon chip, Vivo is coming up with the announcement of the X90 Pro+. It is going to be the world’s first phone showcasing Qualcomm’s latest SoC. Three phones are included in the Vivo X90 series, together with the X90 and X90 Pro. All three smartphones display excellent hardware with particular emphasis on camera performance.
Feature specifications of Vivo X90 Pro Plus
Vivo X90 Pro Plus is the most outperforming smartphone in the lineup. It holds the following features:
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip
- a 64MP periscope 3.5x zoom camera
- a 3D ultrasound fingerprint scanner
- a massive 1-inch Sony IMX989 50MP camera with Zeiss branding [this sensor is also present in Xiaomi 12S Ultra]
- accompanying the camera setup various software features include astrophotography mode, 100x hybrid zoom, horizon correction, and lens flare portrait mode.
- Capable of recording 8K videos at 30fps
- Accompanied by Dolby Vision as well as LOG10 support
- V2 ISP for image processing
- 45MB of SRAM
- provides 16TOPS per watt of performance
- a 4,800mAh battery with 80W [fast wired] and 50W [wireless charging] support
- 6.78-inch double-curved AMOLED
- 3200 x 1440 resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate
- 164.35 x 75.29 x 9.7mm
- Weighs around 221g
- IP68 certified
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB storage
- Support for 5G, Wi-Fi 6, NFC, USB-C, Bluetooth 5.3
- OriginOS 3 based on Android 13
- will cost about $910 in China
Feature specification of Vivo X90 and Vivo X90 Pro
The major difference between the two smartphones is the rear camera setup. Additionally, some other minor differences are also noticed when contrasted with the Pro+ model.
|Vivo X90||Vivo X90 Pro|
|Dimensions: 164.1 x 74.44 x 8.88mm||Dimensions: 164.07 x 74.53 x 9.34mm|
|Weighs around 196g||Weighs around 215 g|
|MediaTek Dimensity 9200||MediaTek Dimensity 9200|
|Display features: 6.78-inch AMOLED, 2800 x 1260p resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR||Display features: 6.78-inch AMOLED, 2800 x 1260p resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR|
|RAM: 12GB LPDDR5X||RAM: 12GB LPDDR5X|
|Storage: 256GB UFS 4.0||Storage: 256GB UFS 4.0|
|Battery: 4810mAh||Battery: 4870mAh|
|Charging: 120W wired fast charging||Charging: 120W [wired fast charging] and 50W [wireless charging]|
|Back camera: Main: 50MP Sony IMX866, OIS Portrait: 50MP Ultra-wide: 12MP Sony IMX663||Back camera: Main: 50MP Sony IMX989, OIS Portrait: 50MP Sony IMX758, 2x zoom Ultra-wide: 12MP Sony IMX663|
|32Mp front camera||32Mp front camera|
|Support for 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, USB-C||Support for 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, USB-C|
|OriginOS 3 based on Android 13||OriginOS 3 based on Android 13|
All three smartphones of the Vivo X90 series will be available for sale by the end of this year.
Brian is the news author at Research Snipers which mainly covers Technology News, Microsoft News, Google News, Facebook, Apple, Huawei, Xiaomi, and other tech news.