Windows 11 Gets Improved Blackmail Trojan Detection
Microsoft has launched new features for the preview version of Windows 11 22H2. The Insider Program beta channel now features improved Defender blackmail Trojan detection. There is more news.
Choice with or without innovations enabled
Update KB5016700 is now available in the Windows 11 Insider Program beta channel. As with previous releases, there are two builds that will ship.
- Build 22622.450 = New features are being rolled out.
- Build 22621.450 = New features are disabled by default.
Alternatively, Insiders who have fallen into the group where new features are disabled by default (build 22621.xxxx) can choose to install the update that rolls out new features (build 22622.xxx). To do this, manually check for updates through Windows Update and select the 22622.xxx build.
In addition to innovations and general improvements, the update also includes an optimized update procedure. The Windows team has made improvements to how updates are applied sequentially. However, the details given in the blog post won’t tell you about the new builds. But it’s still about the improvement of update packages. Some of the bug fixes and optimizations presented in the new Windows 11 22H2 preview will likely appear outside of the Insider program as well, likely as early as August patch day. We’ve added the release notes with the highlights at the end of the post.
This update includes the following improvements:
- New! We’ve enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint to detect and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- New! We have compressed a file regardless of its size if you have configured Server Message Block (SMB) compression.
- New! We’ve improved storage replication that occurs over low bandwidth or congested wide area networks (WAN).
- We fixed an issue that caused Windows to show features in tablet mode on some non-touch devices.
- Fixed an issue where some application windows showed blank areas in the task view preview.
- We fixed an issue some of you are experiencing when copying files from network drives. The error code is 0x80070026.
- We fixed a token leak in the LsapGetClientInfoEx.
- We fixed an issue that caused sihost.exe to have high CPU usage in certain cases.
- We fixed an issue that caused Microsoft Edge to stop responding when using IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialog box.
I am currently working as a writer/author with Research Snipers RS-News. I have more than 4 years of experience in the same field of reporting and coordinating in a media company. I am passionate about the latest technology, Artificial intelligence, Data science.
2 thoughts on “Windows 11 Gets Improved Blackmail Trojan Detection”
Comments are closed.