Xiaomi finally announces the Mi Mix 4, the true successor of the Mi Mix 3. The device is the company’s first under-display camera smartphone and comes with notable specifications. Let’s have a look at this new Xiaomi smartphone.
Starting with its display, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 comes with a curved 6.67-inch AMOLED display. The key feature, as we already said above, is its under-display camera which is a 20MP selfie camera.
The device comes with a 400ppi density, a 120Hz refresh rate, and FHD+ resolution. The panel is well protected by Gorilla Glass Victus, features.
Another remarkable feature of this device is its rear-camera setup that comes with a 1/1.33-inch 108MP ISOCELL HMX main sensor with OIS. The primary camera is clubbed with an 8MP periscope module with 5x optical zoom and a 13MP ultrawide snapper with a free-form lens.
Under the hood, we get a powerful and the latest Snapdragon 888+ chipset paired with up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage.
The device gets its power from a 4,500 mAh batter with a touch of 120W wired charging and 50W of wireless charging support.
The device is available in white, black, and gray color options. The stereo speakers are tuned by Harman/Kardon.
Price and Availability
The Mi Mix 4 has a starting price tag of CNY 4,999 ($770) that goes up to CNY 6,299 ($970) for the 12/512GB model. The device will reach the shelves by August 16th in China, with the rest of the world to get a release date later at some time.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 – Specifications
- Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 75.4 x 8 mm (6.40 x 2.97 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 225 g (7.94 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), ceramic back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 800 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~87.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Wide color gamut
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.99 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory configuration: 128GB + 8GB RAM, 256GB + 8GB RAM, 256GB + 12GB RAM, and 512GB + 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
MAIN CAMERA (triple)
- 108 MP, f/1.9, 24mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/4.1, 120mm (periscope telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/480fps; gyro-EIS, HDR10+
SELFIE CAMERA (single)
- Under-display: 20 MP, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: With stereo speakers
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: With dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
- Type: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 100% in 15 min (advertised) | Fast wireless charging 50W, 100% in 28 min (advertised)
- Ceramic Black, Ceramic White, and Shadow Gray
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news writer, it feels good to be part of the team. Besides that, I am building a finance-based blog, working as a freelance content writer/blogger, and a video editor.