With iOS 17.0.3, a new update is now available, which is primarily intended to prevent the new iPhone 15 Pro (Max) from overheating. In addition, Apple speaks of important bug fixes and security updates that also apply to older iPhone models.
iPhone 15 Pro Cools Down via software update
The interaction of iOS 17, the new Apple A17 Pro chip, and various third-party apps have caused considerable heat problems since the iPhone 15 Pro (Max) was launched, including the temporary emergency shutdown of the devices. Now the error should be fixed with a software update to iOS 17.0.3.
In the comparatively brief patch notes, Apple speaks of important bug fixes and security updates as well as the solution to an unspecified problem “that causes the iPhone to overheat.”
Initially, well-known Apple analysts such as Ming-Chi Kuo, among others, assumed that the overheating of the iPhone 15 Pro (Max) was caused by “compromises in thermal design” and that Apple’s developers would only be able to reduce the processor performance Effectively solve heat problem.
Apple itself then stated that the combination of titanium housing and aluminum interior would offer significantly better thermal performance compared to previous iPhone models and that they have no plans to throttle the performance of the A17 Pro chip. However, it is still unknown which adjustment screws iOS 17.0.3 will turn.
More vulnerabilities and bug fixes
- Fixed: Kernel bug CVE-2023-42824 since iOS 16.6 (a local attacker may be able to escalate his privileges)
- Fixed: WebRTC bug CVE-2023-5217 (A buffer overflow can lead to arbitrary code execution.)
- Addresses an issue where Apple Business Essentials users were unable to complete setup after updating to iOS 17.
- iOS 17 devices will no longer become inoperable when joining a managed Wi-Fi network.
- The Calendar app no longer sends invitations to all participants after accepting or declining an Exchange event invitation.
How To Get Apple iOS 17.0.3
The update to iOS 17.0.3 (Build 21A360) is available for all Apple smartphones from the iPhone XS (2018). As is well known, the download and installation can be initiated via the settings (General > Software update). When automatic updates are activated in these menus, the update usually takes place overnight.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.