The charger is something everybody uses every day. However, any time it is possible to encounter a situation when the charger cable is broken. USB cables are something everyone uses so much that it’s one of the mobile devices that wear out quickly. Therefore, it is not surprising that from time to time, it becomes necessary to buy a new one. Unfortunately, almost everyone is faced with a breakdown of such a vital device. But there are some options that you can use to fix a damaged cable and learn how to protect your cable to prevent future breakage. Let’s figure out how to fix the charger cable and prevent it from being damaged in the future.
Here you can find a lot of tips on how to fix the charger cable. However, not all of them are effective. It is possible to fix it on your own while fixing the broken charger itself can be a complicated task. So, if you need to deal with your broken charger, it is better to get professional help. You can always turn to experts that will tell you how to fix a broken charger.
And below, you will find two of the easiest and most effective ways to fix your charger cable. To do this, you do not need to be a specialist and have any special tools. Everything is easy and simple to do, let’s check out the top tips that will help you with it.
Duct tape is an emergency tool for every kind of cord. This is the best tape to fix your broken charger cable. Even if there are already visible wires on your cable, you can easily repair it. All you need to do is wrap the broken area with duct tape and fix it tightly in a position that will not interfere with the operation of the device. To gain the best result, you can wrap the cable from the beginning to the end.
If you have an understanding of how to use heat shrink cable, then this option is the most effective. This method will take more time than the above, but it will be more effective. For instance, you will need to change the duct tape after some time when the heat-shrunk tube is more durable. If you don’t know what it is and how to use it, you can use video tutorials to do everything quickly. Here are some tips to help you use the heat shrink tube/cable correctly.
- Choose a heat-shrink cable that is longer than the cable you are planning to repair. That is, this cable should cover not only the length of the charger cable but also cover the head of the charger.
- Pull the cable through this tube. To make this process easier, you can use a rope. Tie it to the head of the charger and thread it through the tube. This greatly simplifies the whole process.
- After you have stretched the tube, you should remove the excess part of the cable.
- Once you notice everything is in place, it’s time to make sure the tubing is the correct length. If it’s longer than it should be, cut it off. Next, you can use a lighter to compress the end of the tube. Be careful not to damage your charger cable.
There are several methods using which you can prevent your cable from breaking in the future. These simple tips will help you extend the life of your USB cable from your charger.
All you need is a ballpoint pen. You will need to get the spring, and this is something that can be a useful tool to help keep your charging cable from the damages that occur after inaccurate use. All you need to do is stretch it and put it on the cable. It is better to place the spring closer to the head of the charger and then fixate it. This will prevent damage to the cable at the base, where the problem is most likely to occur as the spring locks it straight.
Paracord is a lightweight nylon cord. It is highly durable and elastic, so this cord is used for various purposes. What should be done? All you have to do is wrap your cable with a paracord. You can look at different ways to use such a cord on YouTube to choose the most suitable techniques. It is important to burn the ends of the paracord so that they do not unravel. By the way, this is also a way to customize your charging cord. Just use the paracord of different colors.
If you’ve fixed your cord, but your charger isn’t working, there may be other problems. Here are a few reasons why your smartphone may not charge:
- Dirty charging port. If dirt has accumulated on your device’s charging port, it can greatly affect charging efficiency. In the worst case, it can completely prevent charging. To do this, it is recommended to clean the USB port from time to time.
- Some devices have the feature to stop the charging process when moisture is detected. If your device is one of these and has recently been exposed to high humidity, let your phone dry for a few hours. After that, it is worth trying to start the charging process.
So, there is no need to immediately buy the new charger cable. You can try to fix it with the above tips, as it is easy. Don’t forget about the preventative measures, as they can help you increase the lifetime of your cable.
Alexia is the author at Research Snipers covering all technology news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and More.