Microsoft has released a new pre-release version of Windows 11. Some of the new features will only be tested by some of the Windows Insiders, while other new features will be launched for all users in the beta or dev channel.
Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 Insider Build. The build is numbered 22000.120 and starts for both the beta channel and the dev channel. It contains a large number of new features and improvements, including many small revisions. For example, users of a Microsoft account with a family connection now get a family widget that shows the activities of other family members.
There is also a new notification badge for the chat symbol in the system tray. However, this is an innovation that Microsoft does not distribute to all insiders. For the other innovations, we have added the release notes at the end of this article.
New Microsoft store
Insiders in the dev channel also receive an update for the Microsoft Store in version 22107.1401.9.0, which introduces a new design of the game product detail pages and automatic scrolling in Spotlight. In addition to the new features, there is a long list of bug fixes. Those interested can see the full list of changes on the Windows Blog. Insider boss Amanda Langowski and Windows manager Brandon LeBlanc also information there about known problems.
List of changes and improvements
- We’re introducing a new family widget for MSA accounts! It is available in all Windows languages and regions. It allows you to see the most recent activity by members of your Microsoft family group.
- We start with the introduction of the notification badge for the chat symbol in the system tray. Not everyone will see it right away.
- We made a few adjustments to improve the look of the Close button in the Taskbar preview windows.
- When changing the background for desktops, even if the settings are already open, using Select Background from the Task View will now cause the settings to switch to the desktop you are currently on.
- The “Identify” button in the display settings is now located directly below the control for arranging the monitors (if you have multiple monitors connected) so that it is easier to find.
- We’ve updated the File Explorer context menu to make it a little more compact for mouse users.
- The New button on the File Explorer command bar has been updated to use a drop-down menu with all options in a list rather than a nested list.
- We made some adjustments to improve the use of space and the size of thumbnails in ALT + Tab, Task View, and Snap Aid.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.