Microsoft is distributing new firmware updates for Surface Studio 2 and Surface Pro 7. The software updates improve overall stability and performance, and there is also an important security update. There are no new functions.
The new updates are now available for owners of Surface Studio 2 and Surface Pro 7. The new driver updates bring a number of bug fixes and general stability improvements. A vulnerability classified as critical has also been fixed for the Surface Pro 7. The update is therefore recommended to all users. For the Surface Pro 7, the update also improves the battery life under Windows 11.
Use update function
However, as is so often the case, details of the changes are not given in the support documents; only brief information on the new driver updates is available. Accordingly, there is little information about the details of the changes for the other devices. Microsoft keeps them ready in the update history for the Surface Pro 7 and in the update history for the Surface Studio 2. Surface owners will get updates automatically through Windows Update.
The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 7 devices with Windows 10 version 20H2 or newer, as well as for Surface Studio 2 with Windows 10 May 2019 update, version 1903 or higher:
Update Surface Studio 2
- NVIDIA: Display Version 22.214.171.12496, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 display adapter , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 display adapter
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp .: Media Version 6.0.9083.3, Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) – sound, video and game controllers
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp .: Extension Version 126.96.36.199
Surface Pro 7 updates:
- Intel Corporation: Display Version 188.8.131.5221, Intel Iris Plus Graphics Card Display Adapter
- Intel Corporation: Extension Version 184.108.40.20621, Intel Iris Plus Graphics Extension
- Surface: Monitor version 220.127.116.11, Surface Panel Monitor
- Intel: Net version 18.104.22.168, Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – network adapter
- Intel: Bluetooth version 22.214.171.124, Intel Wireless Bluetooth Connection
Brian is the news author at Research Snipers which mainly covers Technology News, Microsoft News, Google News, Facebook, Apple, Huawei, Xiaomi, and other tech news.