Besides rolling the new OxygenOS to the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, the company releases the OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T smartphones. This update is based on Android 11 and is the last Open Beta for these devices.
The latest update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T will improve, fix, and the May 2021 security patches. This update will fix some known issues and improves system stability. It will also optimes the battery consumption, Wi-Fi network stability improvements, and gallery loading speed enhancements.
Here’s the full changelog for the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 5.
OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T
- Reduced battery consumption
- Improved the compatibility of specific third-party apps
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Upgrade Android Security Patch level to May 2021
- Improved the overall application stability
- Fixed the probability issue for “can’t answer the calls via Google Fi app.”
- Improved the Wi-Fi connection stability
- Improved the overall loading speed
- Improved the animation performance and frame rate
As always, this update comes in phases. So if you haven’t received the update notification on your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7T, you may want to check the settings for the update or perhaps wait a little while for the update to reach your country.
News Desk is the author at Research Snipers covering all technology news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and More. News Desk is managed by a senior editor at Research Snipers.