Microsoft released a security update for Windows 11 on January patch day. This update fixes a number of bugs and security vulnerabilities and is available to all users who have already made the switch. The update for Windows 11 is the regular January patch, i.e. the first security and maintenance update of the year, which will be distributed immediately. The update can already be obtained via the Windows update function.
The update brings the build to the new version number 22000.434. The initial release had the build number 22000.194. Microsoft has already summarized the most important changes for the new version. We have translated the highlights of the update for you and added them to the end of this post. Microsoft also confirms other problems with Windows 11. As usual, Microsoft has an article on the Windows 11 patch in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, which can be found under KB5009566 is to be found.
Details are missing at the moment
The update is available to all users who have already installed Windows 11. However, Microsoft has not yet disclosed many details in the Knowledge Base about the changes in this update. This is not unusual – the information about the changes has been kept very brief at the patch days for months. For security-relevant changes, the release notes will be updated in the days after the start. You can find the Windows 11 cumulative and dynamic updates already. The following information has been released:
- Updates a known issue affecting Japanese Input Method Editors (IME). Text entered may appear jumbled or the text cursor may move unexpectedly in applications that use the multibyte character set (MBCS).
- Updates security for your Windows operating system.
Improvements and fixes
This security update contains quality improvements. The main changes are:
- Fixed a known issue affecting Japanese Input Method Editors (IME). When you use a Japanese IME to enter text, the text may appear jumbled or the text cursor may move unexpectedly in applications that use the multibyte character set (MBCS). This issue affects the Microsoft Japanese IME and third-party Japanese IMEs.
- If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Windows 11 Servicing Stack Update – 22000.345
- This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, the component that installs Windows updates. Servicing Stack Updates (SSU) ensure that you have a stable and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.
Known issues with the update
- After installing Windows 11, some image editing programs may not reproduce colors correctly on certain HDR (High Dynamic Range) displays. This is often seen with white colors, which can appear in light yellow or other colors.
- This problem occurs when certain Win32 color rendering APIs return unexpected information or errors under certain conditions. Not all color profile management programs are affected, and the color profile options available on the Windows 11 settings page, including Microsoft color controls, are expected to work correctly.
Another update for the known problems should roll out in January.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.