Samsung is now rolling out the June 2021 security patch to the Galaxy J8. It is strange to hear that while others are getting the July 2021 security patch, this device is getting an old version.
The Galaxy J8 was released in 2018 with a 6.0-inch HD+ AMOLED, Snapdragon 450, and 3500mAh battery. The device came out with Android 10 topped with One UI 2.0.
The company is rolling out this June 2021 security patch to devices registered in Kazakhstan, and Ukraine and comes with firmware version J810FJXU5CUF2. This update also brings nearly four dozen fixes.
You can get the update via the device’s settings.
The key features of this device include:
- Available Colors: Blue, Black, Gold, Purple
- Dimensions Bar: 159.2 x 75.7 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 177g
- Operating System: Android 10
- One UI Version: 2.0
- SIM: Dual SIM model, Nano-SIM (4FF)
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Display: 6.0 inch AMOLED, HD+ / 1480×720 pixels, Pixel density 274 PPI, Screen to body ratio ~75.8%
- Chipset: Snapdragon 450
- Clock Speed: Octa-Core @ 1.80 GHz
- Cores: Octa-Core
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM/ROM: 3 GB RAM with 32 GB ROM, 4 GB RAM with 64 GB ROM
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint, Hall, Proximity
- Max. Video Recording Resolution: FHD video recording at 30 fps (1920×1080)
- Front Camera (single): 16MP, Aperture F1.9, Pixel size 1.0μm,
- Rear Camera (dual): 16MP, 5MP
- Sound: 3.5mm Headphonejack Yes
- Battery: 3500mAh
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news writer, it feels good to be part of the team. Besides that, I am building a finance-based blog, working as a freelance content writer/blogger, and a video editor.