Oreo is rolling out on Samsung devices but we see that the device stops Oreo update roll out. This claim has been making rounds on the internet and this time the victims are Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. The update hit the Samsung devices only a couple of weeks ago and the complaints have made the round of the internet.
“Following a limited number of cases where Galaxy S7 devices have rebooted unexpectedly with the Android 8.0 Oreo, we have temporarily stopped the rollout of the update. We are investigating the issue internally to ensure that the impact to the affected devices is minimized and the rollout of the update can resume as quickly as possible.”
Many phones have come under this and if your device is experiencing sudden reboots then you need to visit your local Samsung Support center. The issue can only be resolved by running a factory data reset so you will need to back up your data through other ways before running a data reset.
If you’re getting the feeling that there’s more going on that “unexpected” reboots, there is. People in the Samsung forums are reporting that the reboots happen in the middle of the update and get stuck during the boot-up process. So it’s not the occasional reboot – the phones won’t even start, hence the need to do a factory reset.
To launch in Recovery mode and perform a Factory Data Reset:
- Turn off device pressing Power +Volume Down keys. Restart as normal
- Turn on your phone while pressing Power + Menu + Volume Up
- Continue to hold these buttons down as the blue screen with the Android Logo appears and checks for updates.
- The Android logo and ‘no command’ will appear, release the buttons and wait for the ‘Android Recovery’ screen to appear. This may take a minute.
- Use the volume keys to navigate to ‘Wipe Data/Factory Data reset
- Use Power Key to select this option which will be highlighted
Image via Hurriyet
I’m a communication enthusiast and junior editor-reporter at Research Snipers RS-NEWS, I have completed a degree in Mass Communication but very enthusiastic about new technology, games, and mobile devices. I have the main interest in Technology and games.