AVM improves download speed for guest access in the Fritz network. With the latest experimental lab update for FritzOS 7.39, the optimization can now be tried out. It is currently only available for a few router models. Network specialist AVM is starting the update as part of the open beta phase for the FritzBox 7530, 7590, and 6890 LTE.
New features are not included in the update. Otherwise, the changes are very interesting. In addition to increasing the download speed for guest access, there is now also support for DynDNS providers with optional usernames and passwords. In addition, a bug has been fixed that could prevent the WLAN guest access from being activated under certain circumstances. The updates also improve the general stability of the previous versions. We have added the known changes as an example from the FritzBox 7590 at the end of the article. Some changes are device-specific.
Tips for the update directly from AVM
The following new versions are available: 07.39-98303 for the 7590 and 07.39-98301 for the 7530. The LTE router FritzBox 6890 has version number 07.39-98285. Users of the mentioned Fritz models can download the new update directly. Download links and tips are available from AVM at the: special laboratory website.
You will also find information about the update and an overview of all innovations for FritzOS 7.50. AVM asks the volunteer testers for feedback on the improvements and the changes in general. These prerelease versions are only available for free versions of the routers. Provider-bound models usually cannot use the lab updates.
Improvements to FritzOS 7.39
- Increased download speed for guest access
- DynDNS provider support with optional username/password
- WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS:
- Selection options on the “WLAN / Wireless Network / Security” pages were not hidden or displayed correctly after enabling/disabling WLAN
- Editing option corrected when Wi-Fi timer is not activated
- WLAN guest access cannot be activated
- Incorrect display of connections in the UI if a Fritz product with an older FritzOS version is used in the mesh
- Push service for received faxes containing inappropriate text artifacts after the date
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.