Google has announced the new Android 12 during its Google I/O 2021. The company has released the beta version for its Pixel devices and some other smartphones, including OnePlus, OPPO, Vivo, and more. The new operating system brings 12 new features, including a unique color theme, fast app loading times, better privacy, and more. However, some features might only work with its Pixel devices. Let’s now look into all the new features brought in by Android 12.
Android 12 Features
- Devices running this OS tend to be faster, more responsive and will have better power efficiency.
- A new Privacy Dashboard to offer a single view for permission settings.
- A new indicator at the top right of the status bar lets you know when apps are accessing the camera and mic.
- Smart TVs would be controllable by your smartphones running Android 12.
- WiFi could be shared with a QR code.
- Allows you to use large phones single-handedly.
- Long press the power button to call Assistant.
- A completely new look with Material You UI design.
- Let’s you share your location to a certain limit.
- Personalize your Pixel devices with a custom color palette.
- Quick tiles are larger and show more information.
- The new Private Compute Core enables features like Live Caption, Now Playing, and Smart Reply.
Source: Gadgets Now
Alexia is the author at Research Snipers covering all technology news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and More.