Kodi 20 Nexus: New Alpha Build Includes Bug Fixes and New Features
The media center software Kodi will soon receive an extensive update. Now the developers have released a second alpha build for version 20, which goes by the name Nexus. The update brings some bug fixes and new features.
After the first alpha build was rolled out two months ago, it took a while for the version that’s available now because there were still changes to be made in the background. In addition to numerous bug fixes, the second alpha changes the design of the program. The animations have also been revised so that an effect now appears when an element is hidden. Major bug fixes are listed in the next box.
Important bug fixes
- The developers have fixed a bug that caused stuttering when opening, closing and reopening the Kodi Android app.
- Another TrueHD solution is built into the program. Buffers have been reduced to a specific level to optimize data throughput.
- Fixed some specific crashes related to H.265 videos on Xbox.
- Fixed a bug that prevented remote file system thumbnails from displaying.
- Problems with resuming a BluRay playback can be fixed.
- Several bug fixes related to WebVTT have been integrated into the alpha build.
In addition, the CPython team has made some bug fixes. This only affects the Android and Apple builds of the app as the operating systems now use a different Python version.
App available for multiple platforms
If you want to try the second alpha of Kodi 20 Nexus for yourself, you can download the media center software from the Official Page to download. The program is available for Windows, Linux, Android, and the Raspberry Pi. In addition, the tool is also offered for the Xbox. However, Microsoft console owners must install the app from the Xbox Store.
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news writer, it feels good to be part of the team. Besides that, I am building a finance-based blog, working as a freelance content writer/blogger, and a video editor.