Microsoft has released a so-called preview update for Windows 11. The update is offered as an option for all users in the beta and release preview channel of the insider program and fixes problems with ARM64 PC, among other things. Just in time for the weekend there are a number of new ones to test in the Windows Insider program. With the new preview, Microsoft addresses various errors in Windows 11 and the insider tests.
The list of changes is quite long and includes a few fixes specific to ARM64 devices. For example, application installations on ARM64 devices could not work reliably, and ARM64 devices could become unresponsive after being hibernated or restored. Apart from that, problems with VPN profiles, HDR displays and the Trusted Platform Module have been fixed. We have translated the most important changes for you and added them at the end of the post.
The update brings the build number Build 22000.466. This is now a preview version, the update is optional. If this public test goes well and there are no unexpected bugs, the improvements and bug fixes will be released to all Windows 11 users in a timely manner. According to the Windows team, there are currently no other known bugs related to the latest build. As usual, details about the previews are not yet available in the Knowledge Base, but in the windows blog under the Windows Insider Program (WIP) menu item.
Key changes in KB5008353 for Windows 11 include
- We improved the reliability of application installations on ARM64 devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in ARM64 devices becoming unresponsive when hibernating and waking from hibernation.
- We fixed an issue that could result in some imaging programs not rendering colors correctly on certain high dynamic range (HDR) displays. This often affects white colors that can show up as bright yellow or other colors.
- We fixed an issue affecting predictive pre-rendering in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode.
- We fixed an issue that sometimes prevents entering strings in the Input Method Editor (IME).
- We fixed an issue resulting in the audio service becoming unresponsive on some devices that support hardware-accelerated Bluetooth audio.
- We fixed an issue affecting application icons when the applications are not running. The taskbar may show these icons as active, as if the applications were running.
- We fixed an issue that could cause VPN profiles to disappear. This issue occurs when you use Microsoft Intune or a third-party Mobile Device Management (MDM) tool to deploy VPN profiles on Windows 11 (genuine).
- We fixed an issue affecting applications written only to integrate with Azure Active Directory (AAD). These applications do not work on machines connected to Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- We fixed an issue that could cause the Get-TPM PowerShell command to fail when trying to report Trusted Platform Module (TPM) information. The command fails with error “0x80090011 Microsoft.Tpm.Commands.TpmWmiException,Microsoft.Tpm.Commands.GetTpmCommand”.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session being dropped or the Server Core screen going blank. This problem occurs when you install the AppCompat feature.
- We fixed an issue affecting windows.system.profile.retailinfo.dll.
- Fixed some issues affecting File Explorer’s performance when browsing and selecting files.
- We’ve added a new Your Microsoft Account page to the Accounts category in Windows Settings for the Home and Professional editions.
- We fixed an issue where the volume icon in the taskbar incorrectly showed as muted.
- We fixed a reliability issue that causes File Explorer and desktop context menus to stop working.
- We fixed an issue where the Shift key up event isn’t propagated to an application when using the Korean IME.
- We’ve added the HelpWith feature, which uses Microsoft Bing technologies to suggest help topics relevant to each settings page.
- We fixed an issue preventing the touch keyboard from appearing on the lock screen when a device has a Microsoft Account (MSA).
- We fixed an issue impacting the loading of badging information on the taskbar, sometimes causing a device to stop working.
- We fixed an issue preventing some options from appearing in the Win + X menu.
- Fixed an issue that causes a device to stop working when connected to multiple displays.
- We fixed an issue affecting the auto-hide taskbar feature. The taskbar may not appear reliably when hovering over the primary or secondary display.
- Fixed an issue where icons might not appear on a secondary screen’s taskbar.
- We fixed an issue where certain printer companion applications would fail to install when installing the printer driver.
- Fixed an issue where outdated battery levels for connected Bluetooth devices are displayed on the Bluetooth & other devices page in Settings.
- We fixed an issue preventing IP cameras from connecting and streaming to certain DirectShow (DShow) applications.
- We’ve improved the auto-brightness algorithm for better low-light response on all supported systems.
- We fixed an issue that causes lsass.exe to stop working and the device to restart. This problem occurs when you query Windows NT Directory Services (NTDS) counters after the NTDS service has stopped.
- Fixed an issue that causes a blockage in the WebDav redirector. This problem occurs when you try to read a file from the local TfsStore, which causes the system to become unresponsive.
- Fixed a performance degradation that occurs when you enable the Update Sequence Number (USN) journal.
- Fixed an issue where applying the “Do not allow compression on all NTFS volumes” Group Policy Object (GPO) fails in some cases.
- Fixed an issue preventing Robocopy from retrying the file copy operation.
- Fixed an issue that causes Windows to stop working and generate an “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” error.
- We fixed a memory leak that occurs when you call WinVerifyTrust(). This problem occurs when verification for the first signature of a file with multiple signatures fails.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.