POCO is planning to unveil the POCO M4 Pro 5G at its global launch event tomorrow. The company might also introduce a new variant in the POCO F3 lineup.
Chinese smartphone makers often relaunch a smartphone or series with various names around the globe. For instance, Redmi launched the Redmi K40 series as Xiaomi Mi 11X in India and POCO F3 in global markets. And so now there will be a new device in the POCO F3 series.
The company hasn’t unveiled the name of the new POCO F3 but has confirmed a new member to the lineup. According to some reports, the new POCO F3 could be a rebranded variant of the Redmi K40 Pro, which might come with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC. But according to POCO’s official website, things are a little different for the new member of the F3 series:
- Display: 6.67 inches AMOLED DotDisplay with 2400×1080 FHD+ and 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870: 6GB+128GB or 8GB+256GB
- Camera: A triple rear camera (48 MP (main) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 5 MP (macro)) and a 20 MP front shooter
- Battery: 4520 mAh with Fast charging 33W
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 196 grams
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), Proximity, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear motor, and IR blaster
- Colors: Black, White, and Aurora
When rebranding a device for global markets, smartphones often change a few specs such as the processor, RAM, ROM, and available colors. And so we see that in the upcoming new variant of the F3 series. The only thing missing is the name the company is giving this new member. But we don’t have to panic, everything will be revealed soon at POCO’s online launch event, which will hold on November 9th at 20:00 GMT + 8.
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news writer, it feels good to be part of the team. Besides that, I am building a finance-based blog, working as a freelance content writer/blogger, and a video editor.