Microsoft is currently preparing for the general availability of the new Windows 10 version 22H2 update. As with any version change, the release also includes the announcement of the general hardware requirements. The Windows team has now published this.
Most importantly, anyone who is already using Windows 10 version 2004 can also install the upcoming feature update 22H2. Microsoft will not make any changes to the minimum requirements. At least that’s what it says now Tech Community Blog. Microsoft partners will find detailed information about the upcoming changes there. The official Windows Hardware Compatibility Program (WHCP) provides guidance only to the OEMs, but provides direction to end users.
“The release of Windows 10, version 22H2 will not bring updates to the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program (WHCP) and will follow the same guidelines as Windows 10, version 2004.”
This makes it clear: anyone who was able to use version 2004 can also participate with their hardware in the upcoming update to version 22H2. No changes to the hardware compatibility program for the manufacturers also mean no changes to the CPU requirements.
More details about the WHCP according to Tech Community:
- WHCP Requirements – No change. The requirements of Windows 10, version 2004 also apply to Windows 10, version 22H2.
- Windows Hardware Lab Kit – No change. Because the WHCP requirements remain in Windows 10, version 22H2, the Windows Hardware Lab Kit (Windows HLK) also remains unchanged. There will be no new version of the Windows HLK for Windows 10, version 22H2, and partners can continue to use the Windows 10, version 2004 HLK for certification.
- Errata – No change. All Windows 10 version 2004 errata still apply to Windows 10 version 22H2.
- Windows HLK Playlist – No change. The Windows HLK version 2004 playlist can be used for Windows 10, version 22H2.
- Driver’s signature – No change. Drivers that meet all applicable requirements for Windows 10, version 2004 are digitally signed with the same signature attributes.
- Submission – No change. Windows 10, version 2004, 20H2, and 21H1 can be used for WHCP submission.
- WHCP Qualification – Windows 10, version 2004
- Required OS version – Windows 10, version 22H2
- HVAC Version – HVAC Version 2004
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.