Microsoft Testing First Widgets In Windows 11 Update
Microsoft has released a new update for Windows Insiders. Anyone using Windows 11 in the Dev Channel will get an update that fixes a number of bugs and starts improvements. Some things are also new – including the Phone Link widget.
Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 Insider Build for all testers in the Dev Channel. The build is numbered 25290 and is available for update now. In addition to bug fixes, the new build contains a number of important changes, improvements, and new options.
Two new widgets are included: one for Spotify and one with Phone Link, the first widget is from Microsoft itself:
“Last week we presented a preview of the widget for the Messenger app. Spotify and Phone Link are now also offering preview versions of their widgets. To try them out, go to the widgets collection in the Microsoft Store and update to the latest version of the apps, then open the widgets board and navigate to the widgets picker by clicking the “+” button at the top right of the board, to pin your widgets.”
Many bug fixes
Apart from the new widgets, the Windows team has not released any other innovations this time. However, Arm64 users who had to stop the last build due to problems can now also test again. Fixed issues include a bug that could cause explorer.exe to crash and the taskbar to not load for some Insiders. There is another improvement for the start menu. Microsoft is currently experimenting with showing the badges.
They exist with more or less displayed information about tasks. We have summarized the highlights of the new build for you at the end of this post. As always, more information about the update can be found on the Insider Blog.
Highlights Build 25290
- New widgets: Spotify and Phone-Link
- Start menu with changed badge displays
- We fixed the issue resulting in ARM64 devices failing to wake from hibernation and getting stuck at the OS boot logo when running build 25281.
- Fixed an issue where some Insiders may have trouble accessing websites and other resources over VPN connections. If you use the workaround documented in this forum post in this forum post, please revert those changes once you’ve installed this new build.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some Insiders to freeze the browser and certain other applications in recent builds of the Dev Channel.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.