Redmi launched the new Redmi K40 Gaming Edition a couple of months ago. This was a big step for the company. The gaming mobile was released with a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 chipset. The company recorded a sale of 100,000 units in just 60 seconds of its release. That was a big mark for the company’s new product. This figure is based on units sold in China, and a global launch is still awaiting.
According to the newest stats, more than 70% of the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition owners have the 12GB RAM variant. In addition, the company has two more variants with 6GB and 8GB RAM. That shows the intensity of gaming phone lovers.
For game loves, price is not the issue; it’s what the company offers. That gives an idea that users would have opted for that one instead of the 12GB variant if there was an upper variant.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition – Specifications
Talking about the device, let’s give you a quick recap of the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition. This device comes with:
- MediaTek Dimensity 1200 features one ARM Cortex-A78 clocked at 3GHz, three ARM Cortex-A78 cores clocked at up to 2.6GHz, and four ARM Cortex-A55 cores clocked at up to 2.2GHz.
- A Mali-G77 with nine cores.
- (1) 6GB RAM + 128GB Storage, (2) 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage, (3) 8GB RAM + 256GB Storage, and (4) 12GB RAM + 128GB storage.
- A 6.67-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- A 64MP main camera on the back with an 8MP ultrawide angle camera and a 2MP macro camera
- A 16MP front camera.
- Stereo speakers with JBL tuning.
- Mechanical gaming triggers.
- A fingerprint sensor
- A 5,065mAh battery, offering support for 67W fast-charging.
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news writer, it feels good to be part of the team. Besides that, I am building a finance-based blog, working as a freelance content writer/blogger, and a video editor.