As seen on Google Play Console, experts say that this device is a re-branded version of the Galaxy A42 5G. The listing shows that both devices have the same device code – a42xq.
Coming to the specifications, there is an eight-core Snapdragon 750G (sm7225) chip, an HD + display (1339×720 pixels), and the smartphone runs Android 11 out of the box. Staying under the hood, we have a RAM that goes as high as 8GB and a storage of 128GB. This Galaxy smartphone is powered by a 5,000 mAh battery with 15W charging power.
At the backside, we have a quad-camera setup with a 48MP primary camera. This smartphone may come for a price range that goes between $268 and $335.
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G
- 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 75.9 x 164.4 x 8.6mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 15W Adaptive Fast Charging
Alexia is the author at Research Snipers covering all technology news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and More.