Microsoft released a security update for Windows 11 on Patch Day in August. This update fixes some bugs and security issues and is available to all users who have already switched. The update for Windows 11 is the August Patch, or the regular security and maintenance update, which will be distributed immediately. The update is already available via the Windows update function.
The update brings the build to the new version number 22000.856. The first initial release had the build number 2200.194. Microsoft has already listed the most important changes for the new version. We’ve translated the highlights of the update for you and added them at the end of this post. As usual, there is a knowledge base article about the Windows 11 patch which can be found at KB2016629 can be found.
Details are still missing
The update is available to all users who have already installed Windows 11. However, many details about the changes in this update have not yet been disclosed by Microsoft in the Knowledge Base.
This is nothing out of the ordinary – information about the changes has been kept very brief on Patch Days for months. For security-related changes, the release notes will be updated in the days following the launch. However, you can find them by searching the Microsoft Update Catalog cumulative and dynamic Windows 11 updates al. The following information has been released:
- Fixes a known issue that may prevent some of you from opening the Start menu.
- Updates security for your Windows operating system.
Improvements and fixes
- This security update includes improvements that were included in update KB5015882 (released July 22, 2022) and also addresses the following issues:
- Fixes a known issue that may prevent some of you from opening the Start menu. On affected devices, clicking or tapping the Start button or using the Windows keyboard shortcut may have no effect.
Windows 11 Servicing Stack Update – 22000.826
- This update makes quality improvements to the service stack, the component that installs Windows updates. Service Stack Updates (SSU) provide you with a stable and reliable service stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.