Microsoft opened August Patch Day and released new updates for all versions of Windows. In addition to patches for the current Windows 10 versions, there are updates for their predecessors. You can find everything about the patch for Windows 11 in a separate post. The updates are recommended for all users as they close security vulnerabilities and introduce improvements.
Microsoft lists all changes and available variants for desktop, server, or HoloLens in the Windows 10 update history on and has published the associated Knowledge Base articles. We have collected the available updates, and detailed information about the updates is not yet available, we will provide them as soon as they are available. New updates are available for the following Windows versions:
Patch Day August 2022 Quick Navigation
Security related changes
Microsoft has been combining the latest Operating System Servicing Stack Update (SSU) with the latest Cumulative Update (LCU) since May 2021. Prerequisite for this – i.e. no individual SSU needs to be installed beforehand – is the May 11, 2021, Patch Day update, which introduced the change. Anyone using an older LCU update must first run the separately offered SSU updates.
A little tip: At the start of the release, the KB articles may not be directly accessible from Microsoft. That usually changes pretty quickly. about the Search the Microsoft Update Catalog but you can already find all the new versions.
The following list will help you verify that you have the latest version installed. There you will find the latest build numbers for the individual Windows versions. Check your installed version number with the keyboard shortcut Windows + R to open the Run dialog box, type “WinVer” and then invoke the version view.
Windows 10 versions:
- Windows 10 version 21H2, KB5016616 (Build 19044.1889)
- Windows 10 version 21H1, KB5016616 (Build 19043.1889)
- Windows 10 version 20H2, KB5016616 (Build 19042.1889)
- Windows 10 version 1809, KB5016623 (Build 17763.3287)
- Windows 10 version 1607, KB5016622 (Build 14393.5291)
- Windows 10 version 1507, KB5016639 (Build 10240.19387)
Security Updates Windows 10 Version 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004
Windows 10 November 2021 Update (21H2) has received a new security patch. The new building number is 19044.1889. Users who have yet to install the Windows 10 May 2021 Update or the October 2020 Update will receive build numbers 19043.1889 and 19042.1289.
- Resolves an issue that affects the printing of files that you send to a printer.
- Addresses a known issue that may prevent the type designation and language bar from appearing in the system tray. This issue affects devices with more than one language installed.
- General security update for Windows operating system.
- This security update includes improvements that were included in update KB5015878 (dated July 27, 2022).
- Overview of the changes in the Knowledge Base article: KB5016616
Security updates for Windows 10 version 1809, 1607, 1507
The older Windows 10 versions from 2015, 2016, and 2018 have also received security updates. The security updates contain quality improvements. Overview of the changes in the Knowledge Base articles:
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.