Sony recently announced that it would roll out only one major software update to the Xperia 1 III and a monthly security update for two years.
While some would ignore this news, others would be wondering how Sony will compete with big giants whole keeps on rolling updates to their flagships.
Every news breaker and owner of this device is thinking the same. We also know that companies that were lousy to roll out software updates are now pricing up. And it is too strange to know that Sony is stepping back,
If you’re wondering what’s the big deal about this Sony Xperia 1 III, let’s share some specs with you and leave it up to you to decide if the company has taken the right step or not:
- The device was announced on April 14 this year and then would release on August 25 (next month).
- It has a 6.5-inch OLED display with 1B colors, 120Hz, 1644 x 3840 pixels resolution, and is well-protected with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
- The device runs Android 11 out of the box.
- Under the hood, we have Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm), CPU powered with octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680), and a GPU Adreno 660.
- On its memory side, we have two options: 256GB + 12GB RAM or 512GB + 12GB RAM.
- A quad-camera setup on rear side: 12 MP + 12 MP + 12 MP + 0.3 MP.
- A single front camera: 8 MP.
- Topped with features like: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum.
- A powerful battery of 4500 mAh supporting fast charging at 30W.
- Available in: Frosted Black, Frosted Gray, and Frosted Purple colors.
- And has a price tag of €1,299.00
So now you have the specs and the price and know the new policy by Sony.
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news writer, it feels good to be part of the team. Besides that, I am building a finance-based blog, working as a freelance content writer/blogger, and a video editor.