The new system requirements for Windows 11 have now appeared in the extensive documentation for developers. Microsoft has now announced the hardware requirements for the first time since Windows 10 version 1909 – this has consequences.
This is apparently also interesting for end-users because it is now clear which hardware can also take part in the upcoming update to Windows 11. Microsoft has listed the minimum system requirements for Windows 11, which are required for installation of the operating system and to run it correctly. The new requirements should not be a problem for most current systems, but the new hardware requirements are significantly more “demanding” than for Windows 10.
Windows 11 Hardware Requirements
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC)
- RAM: 4 gigabytes
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Version 2.0
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or higher with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: High-resolution display (720p) with a diagonal of more than 9 inches, 8 bits per color channel
However, it is recommended that users have at least 8GB of RAM and a 512GB hard drive. Microsoft has published the “PC Health Check” app which you can download here, with which you can check whether your own PC meets the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11.
There is also an interesting version for Windows developers about the requirements for certain – and not just for new – functions. This includes an internet connection and Microsoft accounts: Windows 11 Home Edition requires an internet connection and a Microsoft account to complete the device set up the first time you use it. Switching a device from Windows 11 Home to S mode also requires an internet connection.
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.